COVID-19 Update 80 with Roger Seheult, MD of https://world wide web.medcram.com who discusses the current retractions from well-established peer-reviewed journals The Lancet and Colonial Journal of drugs.
The retracted COVID 19 studies mainly centered on the effectiveness and connected mortality from the medications hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin, ace-inhibitors, and angiotensin receptor blockers, and trusted data from small businesses known as Surgisphere. The Protector first reported about and error within the Surgisphere data set that has offered to undermine the validity of those studies for a lot of including the majority of the authors from the studies themselves (This video was recorded June 5, 2020).
Links referenced within this video:
Johns Hopkins Tracker – https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
The Lancet (Original Article) – https://world wide web.thelancet.com/action/showPdf?pii=S0140-6736%2820%2931180-6
The Protector – https://world wide web.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/03/covid-19-surgisphere-who-world-health-organization-hydroxychloroquine
Surgisphere – https://surgisphere.com/2020/05/29/response-to-prevalent-reaction-to-recent-lancet-article-on-hydroxychloroquine/
The Lancet (Retraction) – https://marlin-prod.literatumonline.com/pb-assets/Lancet/pdfs/S0140673620313246.pdf
STAT – https://world wide web.statnews.com/2020/06/04/lancet-retracts-major-covid-19-paper-that-elevated-safety-concerns-about-malaria-drugs/
The Researcher – https://world wide web.the-researcher.com/news-opinion/disputed-hydroxychloroquine-study-brings-scrutiny-to-surgisphere-67595
WSJ – https://world wide web.wsj.com/articles/authors-retract-study-that-found-risks-of-using-antimalaria-drug-against-covid-19-11591299329
Bloomberg https://world wide web.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-06-05/the-small-data-firm-at-the-center-of-the-hydroxychloroquine-storm
Science Magazine – https://world wide web.sciencemag.org/news/2020/06/mysterious-company-s-coronavirus-papers-top-medical-journals-may-be-unraveling
MedPageToday – https://world wide web.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/86861
Some previous videos out of this series (visit MedCram.com for that full series):
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 79: COVID-19 Vaccines to Keep close track of – mRNA, Antigen, Others: https://youtu.be/-dYWZMx-Lfs
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 78: Mask Debate Vaccine Update for COVID-19 https://youtu.be/_IrYyhufDwI
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 77: Remdesivir Update COVID-19 in Mexico https://youtu.be/LXtY_3A0WN8
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 76: Antibody Testing False Positives in COVID-19 https://youtu.be/NSRK41UbTEU
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 75: COVID-19 Lung Autopsies – New Data https://youtu.be/PlUFibXtDxQ
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 74: Vitamin D & COVID 19 Academic Censorship https://youtu.be/-zK8LgVx2G8
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 73: Relapse, Reinfections, & Re-Positives – The Likely Explanation https://youtu.be/01Rftnxbi6w
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 72: Dentists Diabetes Sensitivity of COVID-19 Antibody Tests: https://youtu.be/UANgon3Umns
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 71: New Data on Adding Zinc to Hydroxychloroquine +
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 70: Glutathione Deficiency, Oxidative Stress, and COVID 19 https://youtu.be/OtL0B1bqXak
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 69: “NAC” Supplementation and COVID-19 (N-Acetylcysteine) https://youtu.be/Dr_6w-WPr0w
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 68: Kawasaki Disease Minority Groups & COVID-19: https://youtu.be/Ja-jhcXMGj0
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 67: COVID-19 Thrombus – Race, Bloodstream Types, & Von Willebrand Factor https://youtu.be/JOlVkES_kC8
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 66: ACE-Inhibitors and ARBs – Hypertension Medications with COVID-19 https://youtu.be/OudhmwulJHY
All coronavirus updates are in MedCram.com (together with a discussion from the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, and vaccines for COVID-19 – including mRNA vaccines like the Moderna vaccine, and up to date journal retractions associated with ACE inhibitors, ARBs, and hydroxychloroquine) so we offer a number of other medical topics (ECG Interpretation, strokes, thrombosis, lung embolism, myocardial infarction, hypercoagulation, hypertension, anticoagulation, DKA, acute kidney injuries, influenza, measles, mechanical ventilation, etc.).
Speaker: Roger Seheult, MD
Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Lung Disease, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
Affiliate Professor in the College of California, Riverside Med school
MedCram provides videos to a number of medical schools, teaching programs, and institutions (please call us at email@example.com if you’re interested)
Media Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Media contact details: https://world wide web.medcram.com/pages/media-contact
MedCram medical videos are suitable for medical education and exam preparation, and never meant to replace recommendations out of your physician.
#COVID19 #SARSCoV2 #FOAMed